What is Naproxen
Naproxen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which is used for the reduction of:
- stiffness caused by conditions including migraine, osteoarthritis, kidney stones, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, ankylosing spondylitis, menstrual cramps, tendinitis, and bursitis;
- and for the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea.
How Naproxen works?
Under what trade names Naproxen and Naproxen sodium are marketed?
- Feminax Ultra,
- Midol Extended Relief,
The standard Naproxen dose is 1 tablet (220mg) every 8-12 hours while symptoms last. For the first dose, you can take 2 tablets within the first hour of symptoms.
!!! Don’t exceed the dose of 2 tablets (440mg) in any 8-12-hour period or 3 tablets (660mg) in the 24-hour period.
!!! You have to take Naproxen following your doctor’s directions if it is prescribed to you. The prescribed dosage shouldn’t exceed 250-500mg twice a day.
Naproxen maximum dosage
As already mentioned the maximum dosage of Naproxen should not exceed 3 tablets (660mg) in a period of 24 hours.
Naproxen and alcohol
It is highly NOT recommended to take Naproxen with alcohol as it can lead to very serious gastrointestinal problems, including stomach bleeding. If taking Naproxen and alcohol together for a longer period it can cause gastrointestinal damages, which can even cause a death.
Naproxen (Naprosyn) ingredients
- Naproxen (250-500mg);
- Croscarmellose sodium;
- Iron oxides;
- Magnesium stearate.
You can find additional information about Naproxen at Wikipedia’s encyclopedia.
Naproxen side effects
As Naproxen is one of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) then let’s take a look of side effects that such drugs can cause:
- heart attack;
- high blood pressure;
- heart failure from body swelling (fluid retention);
- kidney problems including kidney failure;
- bleeding and ulcers in the stomach and intestine;
- low red blood cells (anemia);
- life-threatening skin reactions;
- life-threatening allergic reactions;
- liver problems including liver failure;
- asthma attacks in people who have asthma;
- stomach pain;
Naproxen alternatives (natural)
Are there any natural alternatives to Naproxen? In fact, there are. One of such arthritis and joint pain relief supplements is Provailen, which contains only natural ingredients and does not cause any side effects. It is capable of reducing your pains even for 80%.