There are different lists of natural remedies available for relieving symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, it is even impossible to name all those natural remedies that might help you to relieve pain as we do have so many of them in the nature.
As we already have written about natural remedies that help to ease at least part of arthritis symptoms, in this post we will only summarize, which of them are more appropriate for patients of rheumatoid arthritis. If you want to find out more about all 24 natural remedies, that we have described you are welcome to check out this post!
16 natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis
- Black Currant Oil (reduces pain, stiffness) – derived from the seeds of black currant;
- Borage Oil (reduces pain, swelling, stiffness) – derived from the seeds of borage plant;
- Boswellia (reduces inflammation) – derived from the bark of the Frankincense tree;
- Bromelain (reduces pain, swelling) – derived from pineapples;
- Capsaicin (reduces pain, tenderness) – derived from different peppers;
- Cat’s Claw (reduces pain, inflammation, stiffness) – root of this vine is used;
- Curcumin (reduces pain, inflammation, stiffness) – derived from a turmeric root;
- Fish Oil (reduces inflammation, morning stiffness) – oil derived from the cold-water fish;
- Flaxseed (reduces stiffness, joint pain) – seed of flax plant is used;
- Ginger (reduces joint pain, inflammation) – root of a ginger plant is used;
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) (reduces pain, inflammation) – naturally found in many fruits, vegetables, milk, eggs;
- Reishi (reduces pain) – a mushroom;
- Rose Hips – fruits of rose plant;
- St. John’s Wort (reduces inflammation, pain) – flower, leaves, steam of this plant is used;
- Tongkat Ali (reduces inflammation, pain) – root of this tree is used;
- Tripterygium wilfordii (reduces inflammation, pain) – only root is used of this plant as its leaves and flowers are very toxic and can even cause a death.
Before you go after natural supplements
The diagnosis of any arthritis type doesn’t come easy, but if you haven’t go so far yet, and you do have unpleasant feelings in your joints or even pain, then the visit to your doctor should be first thing in your to-do list! Only after you have a further plan how to treat your disease you can learn more about alternative methods and also natural remedies, which might help you to deal with the symptoms of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis.
No matter that the mentioned below remedies are completely natural, you probably will not be able simply to get them by driving to the wood or somewhere else. Still, maybe you will find some of them if you are ready to fly far away, even to a different continent!
Not always natural is safe!
So even though they are natural you will probably have to visit a drugstore where you can choose natural remedies that are capable of relieving your pain without harming your body. However, no matter that natural remedies are considered as a safe method of treating different diseases you definitely have to follow advised dosage as even natural supplements can cause very serious side effects.